Thursday, June 22, 2006

Procrastination is a Skill

You know those things that you just don't want to do? Ever. I call it my "To Don't List". It is comprised of all the things that I have to do, but I avoid doing at all costs. I have a lot of things on this list. They change, like the only thing that's constant.

Today's To Don't:
-Think "long term"
-Send one of my best friends her wedding present (they were married in October. I was in the wedding)
-Put the finishing touches on the tape cube
-Exercise
-Clean upstairs (including but not limited to laundry, putting away my shoes, changing the sheets, wiping down the counter)
-Drop my blue shoes off to be cleaned after stupidly wearing them in the rain
-Filing paid bills
-Replace windshield wipers, even though car was in the shop last week
-Return an ugly photo album to Target without the receipt

Here's what I have done, just today to avoid these tasks (in no particular order):
-Watched So You Think You Can Dance
-Chatted for 20 minutes on the phone to a friend who I lost touch with after we slept together
-Walked to three different places for lunch. Asking at each, what the wait would be for a table for one, thinking about it just long enough that it was uncomfortable that I was still standing there and not speaking before respectfully declining. (For those of you who have to know how that one ended, I got tacos at a walk-up window.)
-Emailed Paul about the tacos
-Baked cookies
-Put a nice little Scanner care package together for Paul. Searching the office for just the right envelope. Never found it, but not for lack of trying
-Wrote this
-Tried to surprise Chris Fred at work, but couldn't remember exactly which one was his studio and couldn't find it just by looking due to glare. It was stalkerific.
-Clipped my toenails
-Wrestled with Bird

I feel better just getting that out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home